This awesome event was delivered by Think Active, through the support of Saputo Dairy UK in partnership with Northern Warwickshire School Sport Partnership.
Child Friendly Warwickshire and Coventry and Warwickshire Mind also came along to support the event at The Pingles Stadium Nuneaton.
During the exciting day, pupils got to try out a number of activities linked to health and well-being, devised with the following aspects in mind to support overall well-being:
- Being active – with lots of sports challenges to try.
- Being connected – the opportunity to be social and meet new friends.
- Being mindful – the opportunity to discuss how being active with friends makes them feel.
- Keep learning – alternative sports were on offer to learn new skills on offer.
- Being healthy – pupils will play some games related to healthy eating and lifestyles e.g. calorie dodgeball/eat well plate.
- Being resilient – some of the challenges will be personal best challenges promoting perseverance/self-belief and resilience.
Following the festival, each school that attended was given the opportunity to apply for up to £500 to spend on resources and equipment to continue the delivery of the well-being programme in their school.
This event was sponsored by Saputo Dairy UK who produce some of the best loved food brands in the UK, including Cathedral City cheese, Country Life butter, Clover spread and Frylight spray oil. Saputo’s cheese packing facility is based in Nuneaton and staff from that site joined us on the day to help with the activities. Want to learn more? Download our Wellbeing Festival Case Study
A fantastic wellbeing festival delivered in North Warwickshire.