Since Rainbow Laces first kicked off in 2013, over a million of you have laced up in support of LGBTQ+ inclusion in sport.
Sport can bring so many benefits to our lives – not just in terms of wellbeing, but also in the ways sport brings people together. People from all walks of life can gain a sense of belonging and community through shared passion. LGBTQ+ people deserve to be a part of this. The team behind Rainbow Laces believe no one should feel excluded or shut out just because of who they are.
What are the facts
- Only 43% of sports fans think live sport events are welcoming for LGBTQ+ fans
- 14% of sport fans still think homophobic remarks are acceptable in sport
- Just 40% of sport fans think competitive sport is welcoming for gay and bi men
- 43% of sport fans think competitive sport is welcoming for lesbian and bi women
- Only 29% of sport fans think competitive sport is welcoming for trans sport personalities