Privacy Notice for Think Active Grant Awards / Funding
Think Active (formerly CSW Sport) Complies with the Data Protection Act and the GDPR.
This Privacy Notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why when applying for funding from Think Active.
Why we collect and use Personal Data about you
We collect and hold personal information relating to organistions who apply and are in receipt of grant funding from Think Active
We use this information to:
- Contact you to discuss a funding application you have submitted
- Gain feedback on your application from local relevant stakeholders. This could include the Local Authority, Sport National Governing Body, Local Infrastructure Organistion eg WCAVA, Streetgames, Sported, VIY or the Integrated Care System (ICS)
- Seek approval for us to be able to make a funding award from Sport England (where applicable)
- Make payments of the fund if your application is successful
- Contact you regarding the monitoring and evaluation of your project
- Send reports to Sport England
- Promote successful applicants via Think Active social media channels and with partners.
- Signpost to other support/resources which we think you may find of benefit
- Help us to develop and improve our services
Details of unsuccessful projects may be shared with specific organisations where Think Active feel they may be able to offer alternative support to the project
What information do we collect about you?
We will collect information that Think Active require to process the grant for your organisation. This includes:
- Email address
- Contact telephone number
We will share data with:
We will not share any individual personal data with anyone outside of Think Active. We may however share details of your application with the following:
- Sport England- to gain their approval for projects to receive funding (where this is a condition of the funding required)
- Think Active Stakeholders (as listed above) to gain their feedback on applications to avoid duplication of funds and maximize resources.
- General public through Think Active digital media (website & social media) to promote successful applicants and share case studies
- Think Active Partners- to promote successful applications, prevent duplication of funding, plan for future investment streams or to offer alternative support to unsuccessful applicants where available
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to so we can give you the service you need, unless we must keep it for legal reasons.
You have the right to:
- Ask to see the personal information we hold about you
- Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Ask us to delete the information we hold about you
- Ask us to limit the way we use your personal Information
- Data portability (have your data transferred to another Authority)
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of these rights please contact Think Active.
Withdrawal of Consent
Where personal data is processed on the basis of consent, you will have the right to withdraw that consent.
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the council regarding your data. In these circumstances you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision.
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioners Office at:
The Information Commissioners Office,